The future belongs to those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The End


This blog is all about a way that I can express myself in my writing. As I read over my blogs I see my emanating from every pore. Most English teachers don’t give a lot of creative writing assignment, granted this really isn’t creative writing, but it is all about my opinions on things and it’s not some filled with rules of what we have to write. Not so much “you must hit all of these points” but more of “tell how you feel about this.”
From “Reading: The Journey into Books” to “essay writing” my writing has gotten different and different. But not different in a bad way, or in a way that is straying from me, different in that it is better, more in depth, and more me :) I have learned how to put myself into my writing without overdoing it.
I found this poem awhile back that I think really relates to my blog.

By your own soul, learn to live
And if men thwart you take no heed.
If men hate you have no care.
Sing your song, dream your dream,
Hope your hope and pray your prayer.--Parkenham Beatty

Because I put so much emphasis on being myself, and because I think my blog reflects that, I really enjoy this poem.
What has been so significant about this blog, to me, is that I feel I can express myself better. Sometimes you might not want to tell your teacher something is person, but when you get an assignment about it, where you can just write about it, it makes it so much easier. Also some things you might not want to say in real life, but if you put them onto paper (or the computer) then they become real and not quite so stupid and people can understand you. If everyone could just write what they wanted to say, the world would be so much better.
Many of my favorite blog assignments where the ones that where about ourselves; especially the very first one that just told about ourselves. But I also like when we would tell about an event in our life. However sometimes it got hard to think up one, but it was still fun. Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from actual assignments and just give the world a little insight on yourself.
However, I think the best blog assignments were the ones when we got to ask questions about Great Expectation. It was really helpful to get answers from your peers about simple questions you might have. At times it felt kind of like a chat room.
Probably the least favorite blog assignments were the ones back in February. Those were just questions about what we where doing in class which is no fun at all. We could do inferential questions and stuff like that in class but it shouldn’t be on the blog. How am I supposed to show my creativity when writing about my topic sentence for the Importance of Being Ernest?
That’s all I have to say, there isn’t anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment